Lacripure 0.9% sodium chloride solution is on manufacturer backorder. We are currently expecting more about the second week of October, but this could change. Please email us if you would like to be kept up to date.
This time around, we will not be accepting backorders until we have a firm in stock date. On the bright side, what I love about Menicon is (the manufacturer) is that I know they can and will tell me actual facts about expected timing! With the larger pharmaceutical companies, when there is a backorder, we never really know whether it's temporary or likely to be prolonged for weeks or months. This is why I love working with smaller businesses... they understand our needs and communicate.
- Modudose 5mL if you specifically want the exact same type of unbuffered saline, i.e. 0.9% sodium chloride solution with no additives (but note that this brand is not labeled for use in the eye, so clear it with your doctor). Modudose is the same solution type as Addipak.
- Purilens Plus is our recommended preservative free saline if you can use 4oz within 2 weeks.
- ScleralFil is another possibility if you have to have single use vials.
Unique pH multi-purpose solution is also on backorder with the same manufacturer. Please contact us if you'd like to be kept up to date.
Possible alternatives. Please clear your choice with your lens provider!
- As a rub cleaner only, you could use Lobob ESC - but NOT if you have hydra peg coating on your lenses.
- For overnight disinfection only, try Clear Care, which is a very popular preservative free hydrogen peroxide disinfection system.
- As a multi-purpose solution, you could use Boston Simplus.
Sorry everybody. As always feel free to call/text/email with questions or to be added to the notification list! We love these products and can't wait to have them back in stock!