About I-Relief Therapy Mask
- Hot & cold therapy
- Latex free
- Durable and washable
- Mask is 8.7" x 3.5"
- Includes protective fabric slipcover
Microwavable bead compresses are popular for a reason: Easy to use, easy to clean, and pretty inexpensive. I know they each make their separate claims and there are differences amongst them that lead people to one brand or another but honestly, big picture, they're all "much of a muchness".
I often recommend this type of compress simply because they're accessible and user friendly BUT I do have reservations, mostly summed up as follows:
- DON'T OVERHEAT THEM.
- DON'T OVERUSE THEM (length or frequency).
More is NOT better with eyelid care. Overheating can result in burns to eyelids and even corneas! Overusing can backfire by causing more irritation and inflammation than it is meant to relieve. Please make sure you always consult your eye doctor about what is best for your eyes, and insist on specific instructions for length and temperature if possible.
If you like this sort of thing but worry about chemicals, there's always my old standby, the organic rice baggies.
Give us a call if you need help with other options such as the ones with controlled temperature.
- Temperature retaining ThermaBeads™ for lasting hot or cold therapy
- Naturally-hydrating ThermaBeads™ for deep penetrating, moist heat therapy
- Latex free & non-allergenic
- Contouring shape for full contact
- Elastic strap for a comfortable fit
- Adjustable closure for proper compression
- Soft cloth fabric for added comfort
- Reusable, washable and durable to last longer
- Machine washable fabric slipcover protects mask from oils, makeup and dirt
LATEX FREE | NON-ALLERGENIC | ANTIBACTERIAL
Hot and Cold Therapy Eye Mask with ThermaBeads™ for the relief of symptoms associated with Blepharitis, Dry Eye Disease, Meibomian Gland Disease (MGD), Styes and Chalazia, as well as Headaches, Sinus Pressure, Tension, Swelling and Puffiness. Reusable, washable and durable to last longer.
Instructions for use:
Use protective slipcover to keep mask clean of oils, makeup and dirt. Remove slipcover and wash as required.
Use hot therapy for relief of symptoms associated with Blepharitis, Dry Eye Disease, Meibomian gland disease (MGD), Styes and Chalazia.
1. I-RELIEF™ mask must be at room temperature before heating.
2. Insert I-RELIEF™ mask inside protective slipcover (optional) and place flat on clean microwave safe dish.
3. Set microwave power to high and heat for 20 seconds. Before applying, always touch the I- RELIEF™ mask with fingers first, to test for desired temperature. If the mask is too hot, allow it to cool for 1-2 minutes and test again. For additional heat, microwave in 5 second increments until desired temperature is reached. Do not exceed a maximum of 30 seconds of heating.
4. Place I-RELIEF™ mask over closed eyes and secure with adjustable strap, if preferred.
5. Wear for 3 to 5 minutes or as directed by a physician. Do not apply for more than 20 minutes at a time.
Use cold therapy to help relieve headaches, sinus pressure, tension, swelling and puffiness.
1. Insert I-RELIEF™ mask inside protective slipcover (optional) and place in a sealable plastic bag, in the freezer for 30 minutes.
2. Remove I-RELIEF™ mask from freezer and plastic bag, and place over closed eyes, securing with adjustable strap, if preferred. Wear for 5 to 7 minutes or as directed by a physician.
I-RELIEF™ EYE MASK CARE:
Remove slipcover. Hand wash only in cold water with a mild detergent. Rinse thoroughly. Gently squeeze out excess water (do not twist). Lay flat on clean, ventilated surface for a minimum of 24 hours or until fully dry.
Wash immediately if exposed to food, oils, grease or other dirt.
Machine wash in warm water on regular cycle with like colors, using regular detergent. Machine- dry on low heat. Wash slipcover as often as necessary.
Storage: Store I-RELIEF™ mask in cool dry place. Keep away from flames.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
Please read all information before use.
- For external use only
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not apply for more than 20 minutes at a time.
- Dispose of I-RELIEF™ mask if punctured or broken.
- Always test I-RELIEF™ mask temperature with fingers prior to use on eyes.
- Overheating or prolonged application may cause injury.
- Do not use on infants.
- Do not apply to sensitive skin, skin with no sensation, or open wounds.
- Do not boil.
- Overheating in a microwave may damage I-RELIEF™
- Do not ingest contents.
- Warm according to instructions. Do not apply if too hot.
- Do not fall asleep using I-RELIEF™
- People with diabetes, circulation disorders, skin infections, etc. should consult with their doctor before use.
- Consult your doctor if your condition worsens or irritation develops.