About the MIBO Heating Pad
- Washable cover
- Lavender infused
- Infrared heat
- USB powered
- Temperature and time controls
Choosing a compress is all about priorities: Is it a feelgood soothing thing, or are you using it therapeutically, per doctor's instructions? Are you looking for specific features? How important is convenience?
The MIBO mask is well constructed. The outer cover, which resembles a luxury light-blocking sleep mask with blue plus fabric on the outside and black cotton on the inside, can be washed by hand or machine. It’s comfortable, and it has basic safety controls. The strap has velcro for easy adjustment and the mask stays in place easily.
- Heat duration. People often seek USB masks because they want the heat to last longer.
- Controlled heat. This is important for safety. And while I have to confess that my favorite eye compresses for my own personal use are microwavable, I sometimes hesitate to recommend microwavable compresses due to concerns about over-heating and the risk of burns if you’re not careful enough.
- Convenience: The MIBO pad is a good product for those with zero tolerance for the hassle factor.
Dry heat. USB masks deliver dry heat. Personally I have no problem with this - I used dry heat rice baggies for ages. But if you’re set on having moist heat, Eye Eco’s Tranquileyes (I would suggest the XL size) or iCloud is definitely a better approach that still offers temperature control with the Instant type inserts.
Limited contact: When I put this mask on, it does not touch my lids. I can open my eyes with it on (though my lashes hit the mask). For maximal heat delivery, I would have to physically hold it closer. Nothing wrong with that, but it’s important to know before you buy. How it fits obviously is going to vary from person to person. My eye depth is average. Someone with more prominent eyes may have more contact, while someone with deep set eyes would almost certainly have to hold it down.
Potential for overuse? I imagine a lot of people will use the 1-hour cutoff timer. It’s probably fine. But I would urge everyone considering a USB mask to ask their doctor what is the maximum time they feel it is appropriate to use a heat mask for. Don’t assume that more is better.
“Aromatherapy”: This mask is lavender-infused. It’s quite nice, and not overwhelming, but some of us really don’t want scents in our eye products, so we hope to make this product available without lavender in the near future.
CAUTION: PLEASE READ ALL OF THE SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS!
Scroll down. Instructions are provided with the product, of course, but the print size is pretty small.
DON’T SLEEP WITH THIS MASK ON.
Feeling the effects of dry eye?
Dealing with eye fatigue during long day of reading or working?
Getting MiBoFlo treatments for dry eye?
The MIBO Heating Pad is perfect for at home therapy for getting temporary relief from dry eye. Using it in conjunction with MiBoFlo treatments from your physician will help enhance your treatments and help in getting better results.
The MIBO Heating Pad wraps comfortably around your eyes and supplies a comfortable circulation of heat. Plus, it blocks out light allowing you to relax and get a safe, effective at home therapy for your eyes.
This is an advanced eye mask with far infrared heating for therapy, which improves blood circulation. Compared to microwave heated compresses that can easily be overheated our heating pad keeps a consistent safe heat range.
Adjustable strap for optimal comfort while blocking out light.
USB powered design with controller for temperature and time control, great adaption with phone chargers, laptops and computers.
Download user manual
How to use your facial heating pad
- Plug the controller into the heat insert.
- Plug your heating pad into your USB power source. You can also use any standard USB port on your laptop*. *Needs to be plugged into power source to keep the mask heated.
- Press Power button.
- Use Temperature button to select desired present: 1 (lowest) to 5 (highest).
- Use Timer button to adjust the preset: 10-60 minutes. Heater will auto-shutoff when timer has expired.
- The heating pad will reach full temperature in 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place the heating pad over your face and secure with the velcro strap. Firmly press it to conform to your face. DO NOT USE ANY SHARP METAL OBJECTS.
- Avoid folding during use. DO NOT SIT ON OR LEAN AGAINST THE PAD.
- DO NOT USE WHILE SLEEPING.
- When finished unplug from power source and loosely wrap the cord around the pad. DO NOT FOLD.
- SEE ADDITIONAL WARNINGS.
Use the mask daily for 20 minutes at the desired heat setting. If needed you can use it multiple times throughout the day.
DO NOT DRY CLEAN! DO NOT BLEACH! DO NOT USE WRINGER FOR DETACHABLE PAD!
- Disconnect pad from USB.
- Remove heating element insert. The cover can be hand or machine washed and air dry only.
- DO NOT SUBMERGE ELEMENT INSERT IN WATER OR POUR WATER DIRECTLY ONTO PAD. DO NOT GET USB CONNECTOR WET.
- Do not reinsert heating element insert into cover or plug into power until it is completely dry.
- IF HEATING ELEMENT INSERT OR PLUG GETS WET, DRY FOR 24 HOURS BEFORE USING.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
Danger: To reduce risk of burns, electric shock, fire and personal injury, this product must be used in accordance with the following instructions:
- Read all instructions.
- Do not use while sleeping.
- Do not use on an infant or on an animal.
- This pad is not to be used on or by an invalid, a sleeping or unconscious person, a person with diabetes, or a person with poor blood circulation.
- Do not use on areas of insensitive skin.
- Burns can occur, check skin under pad frequently.
- Do not use in an oxygen atmosphere.
- Do not use pins or other metallic means to fasten this pad in place.
- Do not bunch, sit on or against or crush pad - avoid sharp folds.
- Never pull this pad by the supply cord.
- Do not use the cord as a handle.
- This unit should not be used by children without adult supervision.
- Place pad on top and not under the part of the body needing heat.
- Unplug when not in use.
- Do not tamper with this pad in any way.
- There are no user-serviceable parts. If for any reason this pad does not function satisfactorily, see warranty for consumer service information.
- Do not use this pad with liniment, salve or ointment preparations, especially ones that contain heat-producing ingredients. Skin burns could result.
- Do not bend or pinch cord and do not use if cord is damaged.
- Never leave the appliance unattended, especially if children are present.
- Loop cord loosely when storing. Tight wrapping may damage cord and internal parts.
- Save these instructions.