About the PF Saline Trial Packs
- Convenient, inexpensive way to try out one or more preservative free salines
- Off-label usage notice: Please consult your eye doctor! All of these salines are commonly used for sclerals but not all are FDA labeled for this purpose.
- Select your preferred type(s) and quantities
- Each trial pack comes with an insert stating the saline type and expiration
- Purilens Mini (60mL - 1 bottle)
- Scleralfil (50mL - 5x 10mL vials)
- Lacripure (35mL - 7x 5mL vials)
- Modudose small (40mL - 8x 5mL vials)
- Modudose large (60mL - 4x 15mL vials)
- Addipak (50mL - 10x 5mL vials)
Description (by Rebecca)
We've had steady demand for these trial packs because it's expensive to buy a box of everything in the pursuit of "what works best for you".
Our original saline sampler had Lacripure, Scleralfil and Nutrifill as these are the three unit-dose preservative free salines that have FDA compliant labeling for scleral lens users. Then Nutrifill was recalled, and Celluvisc (which, often in combination with Addipak or Purilens, has often been used to fill sclerals, though to a large extent now displaced by Nutrifill) went on backorder. Now we have even more demand for the samplers while people try to figure out what will work for them instead of Nutrifill (or Celluvisc).
Anyway, after several requests we've decided to make sample size packages of each type, rather than kits with a mix. Each will also have an insert with the type and the expiration.
PLEASE ALWAYS CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR about any and all solutions you use in or on your scleral lenses. Scleral lenses are a medical process. They are not like other contacts.
NOTE: Nutrifill trial packs are not available at this time.
Please refer to the following pages for complete product information about each of the saline options available here.