as of 1/2/2020
- Hours: 20-25 per week. Expected schedule is Monday 9:00-4:30 and Tues/Wed/Thurs/Fri 1:00-4:30, but for the right candidate there will be some room to negotiate hours.
- Pay: $14-16 per hour, with 1 hour PTO for every 20 worked, plus mileage reimbursement for any package drop-offs.
- Job summary: This position is responsible for pick/packing orders (all small packages in a small facility) and ensuring they either get picked up or, in the case of USPS, are taken to the PO if necessary (2 miles from our office).
- Experience: We would prefer someone with at least one year of experience pick/packing in a warehouse environment or a small business with a large number of SKUs. If you don't have that, but are motivated to write a really compelling cover letter, we'll still consider you.
- Future prospects: We’re a growing company, and we love investing in our employees’ futures and in our community. Candidates with strong computer skills or an interest in any other other aspect of work in our company will have plenty of growth potential.
- What's expected: Attention to detail. Excellent attendance and punctuality. Team player! Resonate with our company's mission, aspirations and culture - we serve a really interesting customer base, many of whom are visually disabled and/or have severe chronic pain. We care a LOT about all our customers and every member of our team has a very, very important role to play in meeting their needs. Every single order is taken personally and handled with thoughtfulness.
- About us: We are a specialized eye care products company based in Poulsbo, WA. We ship 1200-1500 packages per month from our mini-warehouse here, and we are growing. All of our profits go to a nonprofit organization, the Dry Eye Foundation. We love having a diverse staff and have worked for the past three years with a local organization to make employment opportunities for the disabled.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Your cover letter (doesn't have to be long or fancy!) should explain why you want to work here, what qualifies you, and what you uniquely bring to the table.