About Boston SIMPLUS Multi-Action Solution Care System
- For rigid gas permeable lenses (this includes sclerals)
- Cleans, disinfects, conditions
- Compatible with Hydra-PEG coating
- Please check with your ECP about which cleaning solution is best suited for your lens type
- 3.5 oz (104 mL)
Description (by Rebecca)
This is a multi-purpose solution in the Bausch & Lomb "Boston" product line specifically for rigid gas permeable lenses.
There are several uses for a multi-purpose cleaner when it comes to scleral lenses. Many uses it for rub cleaning and overnight disinfection. However, for those who use hydrogen peroxide systems for overnight disinfection (e.g. Clear Care), they may still prefer a more viscous solution like Simplus for rub cleaning prior to disinfection. Those who do a lot of "remove, rinse, refill, replace" during the day may use simplus before re-insertion. Finally, we strongly encourage the use of multi-purpose solution such as Boston Simplus for temporary storage when you need to remove your lenses briefly during the day - e.g. for a nap, swimming, etc.
SAFETY NOTE: As with ALL multi-purpose solutions, DO NOT put this solution in the 'bowl' of your scleral lens. It is strictly for cleaning and disinfection, NOT filling.
As always, make sure to consult your lens care provider for their recommended solution and pattern of use.
Description (from the manufacturer's literature)
Boston SIMPLUS Multi-Action Solution is a one-bottle cleaning, disinfecting and conditioning product that has the added convenience of a built-in protein remover and an easy-to-use lens care regimen.
Key Features & Benefits
- For cleaning, removing protein, rinsing, disinfecting, conditioning, storing and cushioning fluoro silicone acrylate and silicone acrylate gas permeable lenses.
- Convenient 1-bottle cleaning and conditioning system with cleaning comparable to the leading 2-bottle system.
- No evening rub care regimen - rub and rinse in the morning.
Directions for use
- Wash your hands with mild soap. (Caution - pump soaps may contain oil-based suspension agents.)
- Place lenses in empty lens case and fill with fresh Boston SIMPLUS Multi-Action Solution. Soak lenses for at least four (4) hours (or overnight) before wearing. Always use fresh solution for soaking and storing lenses.
- Wash hands with mild soap before cleaning (rubbing) lenses. After soaking, remove lenses from lens case and rub both sides of the lenses carefully with four (4) drops of Boston SIMPLUS Multi-Action Solution in the palm of your hand for twenty (20) seconds. NO SEPARATE DAILY CLEANER IS REQUIRED.
- Rinse for approximately five (5) seconds with a steady stream of Boston SIMPLUS Multi-Action Solution to eliminate loosened surface deposits and insert lenses.
- Thoroughly clean interior of lens case with hot water and air dry after each use.
- Discard solution ninety (90) days after opening. Record date opened in space provided on bottle label. Note: When used daily, this solution will be depleted before ninety (90) days.
A sterile, aqueous, buffered solution that contains:
Cleaning System: Poloxamine 1107 - Removes dirt and deposits from lenses without a separate daily cleaner
Protein Removal System: Hydroxyalkylphosphonate - Removes protein deposits daily from lenses
Dual Disinfection System: Chlorhexidine Gluconate (0.003%) and Polyaminopropyl Biguanide (0.0005%) - Destroys micro-organisms
Wetting & Conditioning System: Glucam-20 - Retains moisture for lens wearing comfort and Hydroxypropylmethyl Cellulose - Provides extra thickness for cushioning
- Do not use this solution if you are allergic to any ingredient in this product.
- Not For Use With Soft (Hydrophilic) Contact Lenses. Warranty information
- Discard solution ninety (90) days after opening.
- Store this solution at room temperature. Avoid freezing.
- Use before expiration date on the container.