About Ocusoft Dry Eye Mask Premium
- Washable slipcover
- Adjustable strap
- Can be used warm or cold
- "Thermapod heat diffusing technology"
This is the mask is designed a little differently from the usual loosely-filled bead ones.
In the bead pack, there is a seam partway from the top, and another over the nose bridge, basically packing the beads into compartments. I kind of like how this works. It ends up 'bottom-heavy' and I feel like that way it can direct heat where it needs to go a little better (sort of like how the skinny USB ones like Wizard do).
The bead pack slips into a soft, narrow slipcover with a velcro strap. Slipcovers are the most practical way to keep heat packs clean, though not everyone wants them (just depends how you like it to feel) - the alternative being disposable sheets, or a tissue.
The velcro strap is VERY long, which personally I found a little annoying, but for a larger hat size would definitely be a plus. For small heads, it might be more difficult to adjust it for a firm fit.
This one is the premium version of Ocusoft's mask. They also make a basic one with a thicker casing but without the separate slipcover (the strap is attached directly to the mask).
Ideal for dry, sore, tired & irritated eyes
The OCuSOFT Dry Eye Mask is a moist-heat compress for symptoms associated with mild dry eye with a patent-pending cross hatch design proven to deliver even heat distribution. The mask utilizes Thermapod Heat Diffusing technology with silica beads to naturally attract moisture from the air and release it when microwaved. Heating the mask for 20 seconds will provide soothing moist-heat relief for dry, scratchy, irritated eyes.
- New patent-pending cross hatch design provides even heat distribution
- Delivers consistent moist heat
- Can be used to create cold therapy for allergy eye relief
- Two (2) OCuSOFT Lid Scrub Packets
- One (1) Instant Heat Pocket
- One (1) Thermapod Heat Diffusing Insert
Instructions for Use
- Microwave mask for 20 seconds. To increase heat, add an additional 5 seconds. DO NOT exceed 30 seconds.
- Always touch test before placing over your closed eyes. If the mask feels too hot, wait 1-2 minutes before applying it.
- Apply for 10 minutes or as prescribed by your doctor. If reused within 30 minutes, reduce the heating time by half.
- Clean eyelids with OCuSOFT Lid Scrub Eyelid Cleanser after use to remove any oil, debris or other contaminants.
- Hand wash Instant Heat Pocket with cold water.
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes to create cold therapy for allergy eye relief.