About Oasis Tears
- Glycerin based drop with sodium hyaluronate (both vegetable sourced)
- Box of 30 single-use vials
- Not sold in drugstores
Description (by Rebecca)
Excellent preservative free "high-end" drop with sodium hyaluronate.
I have a lot of respect for the Oasis product line based on user feedback over the years. I have to say that the vast majority of my customers who purchase Oasis products get Oasis Tears Plus, rather than Oasis tears, but there are also many purchase both and use them at different times. Some also really like the multi-dose preservative free bottle option on the regular Oasis Tears.
Suggested best uses
- People who want to try something with a completely different active ingredient (especially if they suspect they may have developed a sensitivity to common polymers in other drops). This is a glycerin based drop, totally different from the usual carboxymethylcellulose drops on the market.
- People who want a drop with sodium hyaluronate, which is not available in very many eyedrops in the US at this time.
Incidentally, for those to whom it matters, the sodium hyaluronate in Oasis Tears and Oasis Tears Plus is plant-based.
Alternatives to consider
People with severe symptoms and/or recurrent erosions will almost certainly be better off with Oasis Tears Plus instead of Oasis Tears. (See above for the difference.) Many people however use both - plus at night and regular during the day, or plus when symptoms are more severe and regular when they are not.
Description (from the manufacturer's literature)
Oasis TEARS Lubricant Eye Drops coat, lubricate, and moisten delicate eye tissue. With each blink, a special substance in Oasis TEARS combines with the active ingredient, glycerin, to keep tears on the eye surface for a long time. This unique combination coats and recoats the surface of the eye for continued relief of dry, irritated eyes.
Not all eye drops are the same. Oasis TEARS is a new type of eye drop with a unique formula, optimized to provide long-lasting comfort. Oasis TEARS Lubricant Eye Drops:
- Offer instant relief of dry eye symptoms
- Natural; contain no damaging chemicals
- Give you prolonged comfort with fewer applications required
- Provide moistening and lubrication of the surfaces of your eye
- Eliminate the source of toxic irritation with preservative-free options
Unique Lubricating Formulation
Oasis TEARS Lubricant Eye Drops coat, lubricate, and moisten delicate eye tissue. With each blink of your eye, a special substance in Oasis TEARS combines with the active ingredient, glycerin, to keep tears on the eye surface for a long time. This unique combination coats and recoats the surface of the eye for continued relief of dry, irritated eyes. Use Oasis TEARS to relieve dry eye symptoms, such as:
- Morning dry eyes
- End-of-day dry eyes
- Nighttime dry eyes
- Irritated eyes
- Burning, itching eyes
- Tired eyes
- Discomfort and vision problems related to Computer Vision Syndrome
Oasis TEARS and Oasis TEARS PLUS Are Preservative Free
Nonpreserved artificial tears have an extra advantage over preserved ones. They may be the best choice for patients immediately following eye surgery (such as LASIK), because they are more comfortable to use, due to differences in the thickness and improved compatibility with the eye’s tissues. Preservative-free Oasis TEARS and Oasis TEARS PLUS eliminate the source of toxic irritation caused by preservatives.
Glycerin (0.22%), sodium chloride, sodium hyaluronate, sodium phosphate dibasic, sodium phosphate monobasic, water.
Glycerin (0.22%) (Lubricant Eye Drops)
- For the temporary relief of burning and irritation due to dryness of the eye.
- for the temporary relief of discomfort due to minor irritations of the eye or to exposure to wind or sun.
- for use as a protectant against further irritation or to receive dryness of the eye.
- for use as a lubricant to prevent further irritation or to relieve dryness of the eye.
For external use only
Do not use
- if solution changes color or becomes cloudy
- if you are sensitive to any ingredient in this product
When using this product
- to avoid contamination do not touch tip of container to any surface.
- once opened, discard.
- do not reuse.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you experience eye pain, changes in vision, continued redness or irritation of the eye, or if the condition worsens or persists for more than 72 hours.
Keep out of reach of children.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Instill 1 or 2 drops in the affected eye(s) as needed.
Questions, or to report an adverse event call
(800) 631-7180 or (909) 305-5400 or log onto oasistears.com
- protect from light and freezing
- store at or below 77F/25C
Sodium chloride, sodium hyaluronate, sodium phosphate dibasic, sodium phosphate mono basic, water.