Rebuttal to allegations of anti-competitive behavior by a biologic eye drop manufacturer
The Dry Eye Shop has been made aware that a Florida-based manufacturer of biologic eye drops is spreading allegations that we, in order to promote a competing product, are somehow using the Dry Eye Foundation as a cover to wage a campaign against biologic eye drops.
These claims are false.
- The Dry Eye Shop does not sell, has never sold, and has never considered selling any biologic eye drop (made from human reproductive materials).
- All lubricant eye drops sold by the Dry Eye Shop are over-the-counter lubricants which are in common commercial distribution and are readily available from other retailers. We have no proprietary or private-label eye drops of any kind.
- The Dry Eye Shop is a commercial enterprise which has no affiliation with the Dry Eye Foundation, which is a 501c3 nonprofit foundation. While Dry Eye Shop staff frequently refers customers to the Foundation for information, support groups and other resources, this is a one-way referral process; the Dry Eye Foundation never refers people to the Dry Eye Shop.
These allegations are part of a smear campaign against the Dry Eye Foundation by the manufacturers of illegally marketed biologic eye drops in order to distract from their well-documented failures to comply with FDA regulatory requirements.
We strongly recommend that you:
- Do your own research about biologic eye drops, and
- Call the FDA with any questions at 800-835-4709 option 1.