Optase Moist Heat Mask
About Optase Moist Heat Mask
- HydroBead technology
- Requires microwave for heating
- Washable and reusable
- Includes drawstring pouch for storage
You all know how I feel about all of these by now. There are many on the market, and it's pretty difficult to identify any differences between them. - Wait wait, this one has a bright blue storage back with an orange drawstring (grin).
But the good news is they all work very well and are an important part of the daily routine for many people. If your doctor wants you doing warm compresses, these microwavable bead-filled masks are pretty much the simplest, lowest-hassle but yet effective way to get it done.
Just two cautions: Don't overheat it, and don't overuse it. And (okay, I said two but this is three) do consult your specialist about whether you actually need heat, because it's certainly not a universal need in the dry eye world.
HydroBead® Technology releases a natural moist heat onto your eye lids. Reusable and washable, it tackles both the symptoms and the causes of dry eyes.
How it works
- The OPTASE® moist heat mask absorbs moisture from the air.
- Once heat activated it releases moist heat from the mask onto the eye lids.
- This then loosens the oils in the Meibomian Glands allowing the oil to flow more freely.
- The oil helps prevent evaporation of your natural tears and provides symptom relief from dry eyes.
- It also softens lid and lash debris before cleaning with the OPTASE® TTO Lid Wipe.
- Soft and comfortable reinforced cotton
- Adjustable strap
- Protective pouch
- Reusable and washable
- 25 seconds in the microwave delivers 10 minutes of moist heat
- Always read the label and instructions for use
Directions for use
Microwave the OPTASE Moist Heat Mask for 25 seconds on full power. Always touch with fingers first to test the temperature before applying to closed eyes. If necessary allow the heat mask to cool for 1 minute and re-test. For additional heat, microwave for 5 seconds.
Do not exceed a maximum of 30 seconds of heating. The heat mask remains hot for 30 minutes, if reused within 30 minutes reduce heating time by 10 seconds. For best results apply the heat mask to closed eyes for 10 minutes per treatment or as recommended by your eye care specialist.
Wash immediately if exposed to food, oils, grease or other dirt. Hand wash only in cold water with a mild detergent. Air dry for a minimum of 24 hours before next use.
Do not share your OPTASE Moist Heat Mask with another person. For external use only. Do not use for purposes other than intended. Do not apply to sensitive skin or open wounds. Do not ingest contents. Seek medical advice if symptoms persist or worsen.