About Refresh Relieva
- Active ingredients: carboxymethylcellulose sodium 0.5% and glycerin 0.9%
- Contains sodium hyaluronate
- Box of 30 0.4mL vials
Description (by Rebecca)
This is Allergan's latest lubricant drop - and it's the 3rd type of packaging they've released it in. The original Relieva came out as both preserved multi-dose bottles and preservative-free multi-dose bottles, then eventually they brought it to conventional preservative free vials. (Actually, before all of this, it was sold as Refresh Repair, but that's another story.)
I hope the fact they brought out vials of Relieva doesn't indicate poor response to the multi-dose preservative-free bottles! The US market has been slow to adapt to these bottles, but they're important... safe, and more economical. Personally, I'm not a great fan of this particular incarnation of the multi-dose PF technology, i.e. the "Darth Vader" cap. But the product is good, and I'm a fan of pretty much all hyaluronate drops.
Innovative preservative-free drop is specially formulated not only to relieve discomfort due to dry, irritated eyes, but also prevent further irritation. It features HydroCell™ technology which enables hydration and maintains the volume of cells on the ocular surface.
REFRESH® RELIEVA™ PF is recommended for sensitive eyes and can be used after LASIK or other eye surgeries. Follow your eye doctor's instructions if you are using REFRESH® RELIEVA™ PF after an eye surgery (e.g., LASIK) to relieve dryness and discomfort.
Also available in a preservative-free mutidose bottle.
- Active Ingredients Purpose
- Carboxymethylcellulose Sodium (0.5%) Eye Lubricant
- Glycerin (0.9%) Eye Lubricant
- For the temporary relief of burning, irritation, and discomfort due to dryness of the eye or exposure to wind or sun.
- May be used as a protectant against further irritation.
To open, TWIST AND PULL TAB TO REMOVE.
Instill 1 or 2 drops in the affected eye(s) as needed and discard container
*If used for dryness and discomfort associated with LASIK, follow your eye doctor’s instructions.
- For external use only.
- To avoid contamination, do not touch tip of container to any surface. Do not resuse. Once opened, discard.
- Do not touch unit-dose tip to eye.
- If solution changes color, do not use.
- Stop use and ask a doctor if you experience eye pain, changes in vision, continued redness or irritation of the eye, or if the condition worsens or persists for more than 72 hours.
Boric acid; calcium chloride dihydrate; erythitrol; levocarnitine; magnesium chloride hexahydrate; potassium chloride; purified water; sodium borate decahydrate; sodium citrate dihydrate; and sodium hyaluronate. May also contain hydrochloric acid and/or sodium hydroxide to adjust pH.
1.800.678.1605, M-F 6 AM - 4:30 PM Pacific Time