About the PROSE Case
- Used with hydrogen peroxide disinfections systems (e.g. Clear Care)
Recommended for PROSE or scleral lenses larger than 16mm and up to 22mm diameter(Basket diameter is approximately 25mm)
- Catalyst disc NOT included.
- No stem in current cases (see notes below)
- Fills with 1.5oz / 44mL ClearCare per use.
- Not appropriate for corneal RGP lenses or soft lenses.
Description (by Rebecca)
The PROSE Case is used for hydrogen peroxide disinfection of PROSE and scleral lenses due to the large baskets provided for each lens.
This is only a case and does not contain a platinum disc to neutralize hydrogen peroxide! In order to use the PROSE case, you will need to purchase a ClearCare (or similar) kit regularly to get a catalyst disc to use with your PROSE case. In the photo above, you can see a ClearCare case with the catalyst attached near the bottom. You'll need to remove this and put it in the bottom of the PROSE case.
To remove the catalyst, you may be able to slide it off the receptacle, or it may be too tight. Some people use pliers. There is no receptacle (stem) to apply it to in the PROSE case (there used to be, but they changed this several years ago) because sometimes the catalyst cannot be removed without the stem breaking off and coming with it. This will not interfere with the action of the catalyst as long as you follow the instructions on the label.
For questions, please contact your lens provider. You are always welcome to call us and we'll share what you know, but with specialty contact lenses and prosthetic it is important to obtain and follow the specific directions given by your lens provider.
DURABILITY NOTE: THIS CASE IS DELICATE!
- Please handle it with care.
- Be very gentle with the hinges.
- DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN the lid or the case will crack and leak
Usage and care
What is the PROSE case used for?
The PROSE case is designed for disinfecting PROSE and similar lenses in hydrogen peroxide based systems.
Instructions for use
- Wash your hands thoroughly with non-moisturizing soap and dry them completely with a lint-free towel before you begin.
- Place your device in the palm of your hand. Place one drop of Optimum ESC by Lobob on the outside surface of the device and rub for fifteen seconds. Place another drop on the inner surface and then rub again for fifteen seconds.
- *DO NOT rub the device between your fingers to clean it. This can cause the device to warp.
- While handling the PROSE device gently by the edges, rinse the device thoroughly with preservative-free saline, prescribed for you.
- Gently separate the basket from the basket assembly by pulling the tab located near the arbor so that the basket is horizontal.
- Place the right device, bowl side up, into the white basket. While keeping the basket horizontal, bring the basket assembly down onto the basket. To avoid losing or damaging your PROSE devices, DO NOT attempt to bring the basket up to the basket assembly.
- Repeat for the left device and insert into the empty basket.
- Fill the PROSE case with Clear Care solution to the fill line. It is ok if the neutralization disc floats up to the top – the basket will push it back down.
- Place the basket assembly in the case and secure the cover. DO NOT over tighten the cover because the threads may split and break. It is ok if the disc does not sit flat at the bottom of the case. It will still work properly, even if it is wedged on the side of the case.
- To properly allow the Clear Care solution to neutralize, devices must remain in the case for AT LEAST six hours.
*NOTE: If you must remove the devices before the disinfection process has ended, rinse them thoroughly with the saline, prescribed for you. Then soak them in fresh saline, in a clean contact lens case for at least 5 minutes. Repeat with fresh saline solution for an additional 5-minute soak. Rinse again with preservative-free saline before re-applying to your eye. Clean the white contact lens case with an alcohol wipe and air dry.
Cleaning and care
These cases are somewhat delicate. Please use care opening and closing them. Do not over-tighten the cap. Be gentle opening and closing the baskets.
Concerned that there is no catalyst receptacle on your case? Please see adjacent tab about the case modification.
If your case breaks within the first three months of use, we will replace it at no cost.
How often should I replace my case?
We recommend replacing cases every 3 months unless your eye doctor recommends otherwise.