Every so often we like to browse obscure holidays to see what we can have some fun with.
We know dry eye and scleral lens patients certainly accumulate a lot of STUFF, so today's the day for a couple reminders:
Saline, solutions, eye drops, lid cleansing products, etc. EXPIRE
- Check expiration dates of everything in your bathroom/drawer/purse/glovebox and chuck anything that's expired!
Don't stretch out SINGLE-USE products
- Learn more about contamination risks for PF eyedrops from the Dry Eye Foundation.
- Scleralfil, Nutrifill, Lacripure, etc. must be discarded after one use.
Once opened, know how long your product is good for
- Ask your doctor how long you can use Purilens for filling and how long you can use it for rinsing scleral lenses
- Many preservative-free multidose artificial tears (Oasis, Optase, Retaine) are labeled for use within three months of opening
Don't top-off or reuse multipurpose solution
Now's a good time to re-read product labels and expiration dates for everything you're putting in your eyes!
Proud of your scleral lens stash or your "tried it once" dry eye product graveyard? Send us a picture!
Need to find a good home for anything unopened (and unexpired)? Email us to donate to our freebie program.