About EyeSeals 4.0
- VIDEO: Skip to 5:07 for just EyeSeals
- Thermal plastic shield to maximize eye moisture overnight
- Choice of clear, dark or colored
- Comfortable, fully adjustable fabric strap
- Protects against drafts, heat, and leaky CPAP masks
International customers: We cannot ship this product to Canada, Europe, and certain other countries. Please click here for details.
- Included: Microfiber sack (doubles as polishing cloth)
- Returnable (used or unused). See policy details
Description (by Rebecca)
EyeSeals 4.0 is one of a series of moisture goggles developed by the company Eye Eco. It's a very effective foamless shield that fills some important niches.
How does it compare to Onyix/Quartz? Some key advantages:
- More versatile sizing (more likely to fit men or anyone with large orbits)
- Better moisture seal
- Vaults higher over the eyes (eyelashes won't reach it)
- Less likely to create skin indentations
On the other hand, a few disadvantages:
- Larger and bulker
- Not compatible with all CPAP masks
How does it compare to Tranquileyes? I would say that the moisture retention is almost as good, while it does not require all the maintenance and parts replacements. Plus, it's transparent, so you can leave it on if you get up in the night. As a result, this has been my first recommendation for many new users - because it is so user friendly. Less maintenance, less hassle.
Disadvantage or limitations?
- Higher cost.
- Relatively large sizing. May leave gaps on smaller faces.
- Durability issues. The manufacturer warrants it for 6 months, and many people find that they need to replace it within a year.
Bottom line, this product is positioned in my head as "Almost as good as Tranquileyes at the moisture factor, without the drawbacks".
Suggested best uses
- Men. This is the first EyeEco product that fits most men quite well. It may be small for some men with extra large hat size.
- Tranquileyes candidates. Many people who used to use, or who have been advised to use, Tranquileyes have switched to EyeSeals as a user-friendly alternative that is lower maintenance and does not touch the eye area.
- Anyone with moderate to severe night dry eye who needs physical barrier protection but does not anything touching their eyelids and/or prefers a transparent product for night use
- Patients with excessive drying due to inadequate eyelid closure (Bell's palsy, complications from eyelid surgeries, etc). We find these vaulting shields often an effective and more practical option for such patients than products that will hold the lids down.
Alternatives to consider
Please see our Product Guide: Night Dry Eye Protection Devices for suggested guidelines on product choices.
Description (from the manufacturer's literature)
about the product:
Recommended for nighttime use to relieve dry eye, Lagophthalmos, aqueous deficient dry eye, floppy eye syndrome, and recurrent corneal erosions. Can also be used with C-PAP and during air travel.
Soft and flexible, our hydrating 4.0™ are made from medical grade thermal plastic, so they rest comfortably over your orbital while leaving room to blink freely.
Fitted with an adjustable microfiber head wrap, the 4.0™ gently shelter eyes from drafts, dust, and low humidity environments. This creates a moisture rich space over your eyes, hydrating the sensitive eyelid area and preserving your tears, helping soothe dry, tired eyes.
Made in the USA and 100% latex free, 4.0™ are perfect for relieving multiple dry eye-related conditions, wherever the symptoms may strike. Order yours today, and see why thousands of customers trust us with their dry eye therapy.
included in the kit:
- One eyeseal™ with secure wrap
- One gray microfiber storage sack
Usage and Care
What is EyeSeals 4.0 used for?
EyeSeals 4.0 is a night dry eye protection shield to block drafts and increase humidity around the eyes.
Instructions for use
Using 4.0™ with Secure Wrap:
Gently clean face and eyelids to remove all dirt and prior to using eyeseals™ 4.0. Your mask is designed to keep moisture in and drafts out. The fit should be comfortable.
Similar to finding your perfect shoe size. Not too tight and not too loose. To avoid tearing the mask, adjust the strap while is the face. Once you find the perfect fit, the wrap is designed to stay put.
For increased moisture during wear, add a few drops of water to of eyecups prior to wearing. The combination of moisture, an enclosed and body heat creates a natural humidifier for the eyes.
Cleaning and care
To ensure the most comfortable night of rest, wash your mask with mild soap and rinse with warm water prior to wearing. Pat dry with enclosed microfiber bag.