Refresh Optive Advanced (30 PF vials)
About Refresh Optive Advanced
- Active ingredients: Carboxymethylcellulose, glycerin, polysorbate 80
- Box of 30 0.01 fl oz/ 0.4mL vials
Description (by Rebecca)
See Refresh Optive for an idea of context. Refresh Optive Advanced has the following changes, among others, from just plain Optive:
- Slightly more glycerin (1% instead of 0.9%)
- Addition of polysorbate 80 (0.5%)
- Addition of castor oil (see inactive ingredients list)
- Addition of carbomer (a polymer, also listed in inactives)
Description (from the manufacturer's literature)
This scientifically advanced lubricant eye drop provides Dry Eye symptom relief through an innovative, triple-action, preservative-free formula. It’s clinically proven to relieve your dry, burning, irritated eyes due to Dry Eye.
REFRESH OPTIVE® Advanced Preservative-Free works on all three layers of your tear film to:
- Lubricate for moisturizing Dry Eye relief
- Hydrate the eye surface cells
- Protect your natural tears by helping reduce tear evaporation
What’s more, this lipid-enhanced lubricant eye drop requires no shaking prior to use.
The result? Triple-action, long-lasting relief for your Dry Eye symptoms.
REFRESH OPTIVE® Advanced Preservative-Free Lubricant Eye Drops come in sterile, single-use vials you can take with you anywhere. They are safe to use as often as needed.
Drug Facts (from manufacturer's site):
Polysorbate 80 (0.5%) / Eye Lubricant
- For the temporary relief of burning, irritation, and discomfort due to dryness of the eye or exposure to wind or sun.
- May be used as a protectant against further irritation.
- For external use only.
- To avoid contamination, do not touch tip of container to any surface. Do not reuse. Once opened, discard.
- Do not touch unit-dose tip to eye.
- If solution changes color or becomes cloudy, do not use.
Stop use and ask a doctor if you experience eye pain, changes in vision, continued redness or irritation of the eye, or if the condition worsens or persists for more than 72 hours.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
To open, TWIST AND PULL TAB TO REMOVE. Instill 1 or 2 drops in the affected eye(s) as needed and discard container.
- Use only if single-use container is intact.
- Use before expiration date marked on container.
- Store at 59°-86°F (15°-30°C).
- RETAIN THIS CARTON FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
Boric acid; carbomer copolymer type A; castor oil; erythritol; levocarnitine; purified water; and sodium hydroxide.