About Refresh Plus
- Active ingredients: Carboxymethylcellulose sodium
- Box of 30 0.4mL vials
Description (by Rebecca)
Same old same old. That said, this is a very practical staple for a ton of people and with good reason. It's fairly 'watery', not thick, gummy or oily so it doesn't muck up your vision. Just a pleasant bland drop. It won't last long enough for those with moderate to severe symptoms - but a lot of them prefer it anyway just because it's comfortable.
Similar to: TheraTears (but higher concentration), Genteal Tears
Description (from the manufacturer's literature)
REFRESH PLUS® instantly moisturizes to provide immediate, soothing relief for dry, irritated eyes. It comes in preservative-free single-use vials and has many of the same healthy qualities as your own natural tears. REFRESH PLUS® has also been demonstrated to relieve post-LASIK dryness. If you have recently had LASIK surgery, please follow your eye doctor’s instructions regarding the use of REFRESH PLUS®.
Safe to use as often as needed.
Drug Facts (from manufacturer's site):
Active Ingredients Purpose
Carboxymethylcellulose Sodium (0.5%) Eye Lubricant
- For the temporary relief of burning, irritation, and discomfort due to dryness of the eye or exposure to wind or sun.
- May be used as a protectant against further irritation.
- For external use only.
- To avoid contamination, do not touch tip of container to any surface. Do not reuse. Once opened, discard.
- Do not touch unit-dose tip to eye.
- If solution changes color or becomes cloudy, do not use.
Stop use and ask a doctor if you experience eye pain, changes in vision, continued redness or irritation of the eye, or if the condition worsens or persists for more than 72 hours.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
To open, TWIST AND PULL TAB TO REMOVE. Instill 1 or 2 drops in the affected eye(s) as needed and discard container.
- Use only if single-use container is intact.
- Use before expiration date marked on container.
- Store at 59°-86°F (15°-30°C).
- RETAIN THIS CARTON FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
Calcium chloride; magnesium chloride; potassium chloride; purified water; sodium chloride; and sodium lactate. May also contain hydrochloric acid and/or sodium hydroxide to adjust pH.
1.800.433.8871, M-F 6 AM - 4:30 PM Pacific Time