Oasis REST & RELIEF Eye Mask (Hot or Cold)
About Oasis REST & RELIEF Eye Mask (Hot or Cold)
- Use warm or cold
- Soft cloth with adjustable strap
- Filled with silica beads
- Now comes with washable cover
- 8.6 in x 3.5 in (22cm x 9cm)
Description (by Rebecca)
This is one of the many Bruder lookalikes on the market, that is, it's a soft cloth mask with a strap and filled with beads. You microwave it for warm compresses, or keep it in the freezer for cold compresses. It's washable. This type of mask is probably the simplest, most convenient way to do compresses.
One of the things I really like about this type of thing is that it readily conforms to the shape of your eyes, so the heat can get everywhere it needs to. If you're using it therapeutically for MGD, for example, you really want to get heat into all of your meibomian glands, i.e. all the way across both upper and lower eyelids.
Suggested best uses
- Warm - use this therapeutically for MGD if directed by your doctor, or use for comfort alone *if* warm compresses soothe your eyes. (Note that some people find their eyes more irritated by heat.)
- Cold - cold compresses are helpful for burning, redness and puffiness. They're a very useful pain management tool for many with chronic eye pain.
- Avoid overheating, using too frequently or using for too long. Less is more! Please read the manufacturer's instructions on the product packaging (also provided here in the next tab).
- Ask your doctor for specific directions. Don't use warm compresses longer than 10 minutes unless your doctor specifically instructs you to.
- Thoroughly cleanse your lids afterwards.
- Not recommended for overnight use! Masks of this type are heavy and will not just be uncomfortable, but can leave your vision blurry by morning.
- Danger of overheating! Please always test microwave type compresses against the inside of your wrist before using on your eyes. You can cause serious harm, even burns, to your eyes by overheating.
Alternatives to consider
- Rebecca's Rice Baggy - if you worry about material toxicity, etc., this is an excellent and completely organic option.
- If you want to upgrade to something more luxurious, the Eye Eco Tranquileyes kits in XL size make great compresses.
Description (from the manufacturer's literature)Oasis REST & RELIEF is a soft cloth eye mask with an adjustable strap that can be used for compression, if desired. The beads hold heat for up to 45 minutes. It is recommended to not use this mask for more than 20 minutes at a time. Ask your eye doctor for the recommended length of time and whether hot or cold use is right for your symptoms.
- Adjunct Hot and Cold Therapy for the relief of Dry Eye Symptoms, Sinus Pressure, & more
- Adjustable strap for compression
- Temperature retaining beads that conform to the body in a soft knit cloth mask for maximum comfort
The following information is taken from the manufacturer's product label:
- Dry eyes
- Sinus pressure
Hot Therapy - Directions
- Eye mask must be at room temperature before heating.
- Place eye mask flat on clean microwave safe dish.
- Set microwave power to high and heat for 20 seconds. Before applying, always touch eye mask with fingers first to test for desired temperature. If mask is too hot, allow it to cool for 2 minutes and test again. For additional heat, add in 5 second increments to obtain your desired temperature. Do not exceed a maximum of 30 seconds per heating.
- Place eye mask over closed eyes. Optionally, secure adjustable strap.
- Wear for 3 to 5 minutes or as directed by a physician. Do not apply for more than 20 minutes at a time.
Cold Therapy - Directions
- Place eye mask on clean dry surface and place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Remove mask from freezer and place over closed eyes. Wear for 5 to 7 minutes as directed by a physician.
Hand wash only in cold water with antibacterial detergent. Rinse thoroughly. Gently squeeze out excess water. Lay flat on clean surface to dry. Mask is ready to use when dry.
Warnings and Precautions
Please read all information before use.
- For external use only.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not apply for more than 20 minutes at a time.
- Dispose of mask if punctured or broken.
- Test eye mask temperature prior to use.
- Overheating or prolonged application may cause injury.
- Do not use on infants.
- Do not apply to sensitive skin, skin with no sensation, or open wounds.
- Do not boil.
- Overheating in a microwave may damage eye mask.
- Do not ingest contents.
- Warm according to instructions. Do not apply if too hot.
- Do not fall asleep using eye mask.
- People with diabetes, circulation disorders, skin infections, etc., should consult with their doctor before use.
- Consult your doctor if your condition worsens or irritation develops.