About Systane Ultra Lubricant Eye Drops (PF)
- Active ingredients: polyethylene glycol 400 0.4%, propylene glycol 0.3%
- 10mL multi-dose bottle
Description (by Rebecca)
I'm pleased to see Alcon continuing to add multi-dose preservative-free bottle options to more of their eye drops. This is a very important trend to enable more people to use preservative-free eye drops.
Systane Ultra is one of the more viscous drops designed to last longer on the eye. In dry-eye-drop-speak, viscosity also means temporarily blurry vision, so be prepared, but it passes pretty quickly.
Description (from the manufacturer's literature)
Get the same high-performance dry eye symptom relief of SYSTANE® ULTRA Lubricant Eye Drops in a preservative-free formula. Perfect for sensitive eyes. Available in convenient, single-use vials to soothe irritated eyes.
Active Ingredients Purpose
Polyethylene Glycol 400 0.4% Lubricant
Propylene Glycol 0.3% Lubricant
For the temporary relief of burning and irritation due to dryness of the eye.
For the temporary relief of discomfort due to minor irritations of the eye or to exposure to wind or sun.
For external use only
Do not use
- if this product changes color or becomes cloudy
- if you are sensitive to any ingredient in this product
When using this product
- do not touch tip of container to any surface to avoid contamination
- replace cap after each use
Stop use and ask a doctor if you experience any of the following:
- eye pain
- changes in vision occur
- continued redness or irritation of the eye
- condition worsens or persists or lasts more than 72 hours
- shake well before using
- put 1 or 2 drops in the affected eye(s) as needed
- see side of carton for directions for use
Store at room temperature.
Aminomethylpropanol, boric acid, hydroxypropyl guar, potassium chloride, purified water, sodium chloride, sorbitol. May contain hydrochloric acid and/or sodium hydroxide to adjust pH.
- Hold the bottle just below the cap and twist the cap to open.
- BEFORE FIRST USE, hold the bottle upside down and dispense one drop of product to discard.
- Shake the bottle downward to remove residual product
- Place 1 or 2 drops in the affected eye(s) as needed and blink
- After use, shake the bottle downward to remove residual product that may be left on the tip
- Replace cap after use