- Gentle daily eyelid cleanser
- Unique solution - 0.01% pure hypochlorous acid in saline
- 20mL glass bottle
- PACKAGING NOTE (summer 2020): Avenova is migrating to new packaging. For a little while, you might receive the old or the new packaging, but it doesn't mean the product is older :)
I don't personally use hypochlorous acid cleaners so I can't give you an angle from personal experience on this one.
However, hypochlorous acid has been the most popular trend in eyelid cleansers, and with good reason. It seems to work well, and it's very, very simple... no long lists of unpronounceable ingredients and preservatives!
Then there's the bewildering world of knockoffs. Avenova is the original, and they have some pretty strongly-worded claims (see below) to being the purest and stablest. Not having any expertise in the chemistry of this, I can't really comment meaningfully on that aspect.
For a long time, Avenova was sold on prescription only. I am glad that they have made this 20mL size container of it available without prescription now, because the other was just plain out of reach price-wise for a lot of people. So those of you who have used it in the past will probably appreciate that aspect!
It took years for scientists at NovaBay Pharmaceuticals to develop the patented manufacturing process which produces the purest form of Hypochlorous Acid (HOCl) found in Avenova. NovaBay pioneered the use of HOCl in the eye care market and has now been prescribed by thousands of eye care professionals, making it the #1 prescribed HOCl product on the marketplace. With Avenova Direct, NovaBay is making its revolutionary HOCl product available directly to patients without a prescription.
- Don't be fooled by impostors. There's ONLY one truly pure hypochlorous acid product on the market: Avenova!
- Pure, pharmaceutical grade hypochlorous acid will never come in a plastic bottle. Check the ingredient list of other products before you buy. All other products contain harmful impurities such as bleach (sodium hypochlorite), plastic leachables, detergents, and other surfactants. AVENOVA'S POWER IS ITS PURITY!
- Safe for daily use! Avenova is gentle, refreshing, and soothing for everyday eyelid and eyelash use.
- GOOD LID AND LASH HYGIENE WITH AVENOVA MAY RELIEVE SYMPTOMS OF DRY EYES, STYES, BLEPHARITIS, AND MEIBOMIAN GLAND DYSFUNCTION (MGD).
- Avenova Direct is the same strength and purity of Avenova Rx. The only difference is the size of the bottle: Avenova Direct is supplied in a 20mL bottle and Avenova Rx is supplied in a 40mL bottle.
Using Avenova on a daily basis to cleanse your eyelids and eyelashes may help with conditions such as:
- Dry eyes
- Red, itchy or inflamed skin around eyes
Avenova is also suitable for:
- Contact lens intolerance
- Meibomian gland dysfunction
- Before/after make-up use
Before/after eye surgery
The Purest Hypochlorous Acid (HOCl) Eyelid and Eyelash Spray
Avenova has a patented manufacturing process to produce pure Hypochlorous Acid. This purity is demonstrated by the fact that we only have two ingredients:
- 0.01% Hypochlorous Acid
Head to head comparisons with other HOCl products, Avenova contains the purest, longest-lasting formulation of stable hypochlorous acid. Our testing demonstrated other HOCl products lose their concentration and effectiveness soon after opening.
Avenova is distributed in a glass bottle to maintain the safety and efficacy of pure HOCl. Plastic containers interact with HOCl causing the plastic to break down into the solution, impacting safety and efficacy.
For external use only. Not intended for use in eyes. Use only when safety seal is intact, and no leakage or breakage is evident. If solution is discolored or not clear, do not use. Do not use for infusion or injection. Do not use if you have sensitivities to chlorine. If you experience redness, swelling, irritation or pain, stop using Avenova and contact a doctor. Do not use expired product.
Intended for use on skin abrasions, lacerations, minor irritations, cuts, and intact skin.
Avenova is a 510(k) medical device cleared by the FDA. Avenova is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
0.01% pure hypochlorous acid in saline
Wash your hands and remove makeup and/or lotions from around your eyes. To apply directly to your eyelids, close your eyes, and spray 2 or 3 sprays to the top of each eyelid. Wipe the base of your upper and lower eyelids and lashes with a clean cotton pad. Refer to package insert for specific instructions.
Instructions on how to use Avenova