About Bruder Cold Therapy Eye Compress
- Patented non-gel technology
- Washable & reusable
- Non-toxic & latex-free
- Small to medium sizing only
Before writing this, I went and looked at other descriptions of cold compresses that I've written to remind myself. I felt like I wanted to basically duplicate one of the recent ones: decent quality... easy-to-use... reasonably comfortable... cools down quickly... strap is secure but for someone my size it would be great if the strap were longer. (See notes below.) The manufacturer describes it as "time-release cold therapy", and I'd be lying if I said I knew what they meant. It's a cold compress from a good brand, and it feels like a kind of hefty pad rather than a squishy gel thing.
Puffy eyes; waking up with inflammation; pain and soreness; redness. Some of us with neuropathic pain flares find cold compresses very comforting.
IMPORTANT SIZING NOTE:
While the compress itself is plenty large, due to the relatively short strap length I do NOT recommend this product for anyone with a larger hat size! On me, it is too tight (too much pressure against eyes) if I adjust it so that there is ample velcro connection to keep it on consistently, and I find it somewhat narrower than I would like. But I have a biggish head, so for people with small to medium sizing, you should be fine!
BRUDER Cold Therapy Eye Compress
- Time-Release Cold Therapy
- Patented Non-Gel Technology
- Washable & Reusable
- Non-Toxic & Latex-Free
Follow doctors' recommendations for use.
The eye compress is soft and flexible and may be applied directly to the skin without a cover.
This gel free product is condensation free and double sealed for longevity. Hand wash your compress as needed and store it for repeated use.
- Safely delivers timed-release cold treatments
- Reduces inflammation and swelling
- Relieves eye irritation caused by allergies
- Excellent post-surgical compress
- Provides cold therapy treatments that comply with medically accepted protocols.
- Proprietary non-gel soft pad conforms to the body to provide relief from pain.
- Protocold pads are condensation-free and will remain dry during treatment.
- Latex-free, Non-toxic and environmentally friendly.
- No special covers are required.
- May be washed & disinfected.
Care and Instructions:
Place in freezer for 2 hours or store in the freezer between uses. Remove from the freezer and apply over your eyes for 15 to 20 minutes. Do not use for more than 20 minutes in a 2 hour period.
PROTOCOLD PADS may be wiped clean with an antiseptic or surface washed with COLD water as needed. DO NOT MACHINE WASH. Once dry, the pad may be returned to the freezer until needed again. Allow surface to dry completely before returning to freezer. DO NOT PLACE A WET COLD PAD IN THE FREEZER.
- Cold therapy sessions should not last more than 30 minutes.
- If the area becomes uncomfortable or painful, REMOVE IMMEDIATELY.
- When therapy is complete remove from affected area.
- Compress should NOT be applied tightly. May be applied without straps.