Expires May 2024
About Optase Dry Eye Spray
- Eye lubricant
- Use within 3 months of opening
- Contains hyaluronate and sea buckthorn seed oil
- 17mL (0.58 fluid oz) bottle
Lubricating sprays can be really helpful for some people. There used to be a liposome spray or two on the market, but they disappeared years ago. It's nice to see something new and innovative in spray format!
You're supposed to spray it on closed eyes and let it seep in. I think dry eye sprays can be helpful in situations like these:
- You have difficulty putting in drops, due to strong blink reflex, tremor, etc. Sprays are much more forgiving!
- You need a little boost, but don't necessarily need to flood your eye.
It's supposed to be good for 300 doses, and it has to be used within 3 months of opening. That works out to about 3 uses per day for one bottle, so I think that's a reasonably economical way to get a bit of a boost without using up quite so many preservative free vials, for example.
It says it's compatible with all contact lens types. If any scleral lens users try it out I'll be interested to hear what they think.
Natural and preservative free ingredients in an innovative and simple to use bottle. Relieves dryness and irritation of the eyes and the eyelids.
Specially formulated to strength the tear film lipid layer and protect eyes from drying out. The OPTASE family of products are designed to deliver comfort and soothing relief.
No ingredients of animal origin.
Suitable for all types of contact lens users.
Directions for use
Spray on closed eyelids from a distance of 15-25cm.
Use within three months from opening the bottle.
Use by the expiry date, see stamp on the bottle.
Purpose: Eye lubricant
- For use as a lubricant to prevent further irritation or to relieve dryness of the eye
- May be used as a protectant against further irritation
- For external use only
- To avoid contamination, do not touch tip of container to any surface. Replace cap after using.
Stop use and ask doctor if
- You feel eye pain
- Changes in vision occur
- Redness or irritation of the eye lasts
- Condition worsens or lasts more than 72 hours
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed get medical help or contact a poison control center right away.
Spray on closed eyes as needed.
Use only if tamper seal on top and bottom of box is intact.
Sea buckthorn seed oil, sodium hyaluronate, trometamol-citrate.